A still, small place for quiet readers
Poems updated as inspired, not really on a schedule. Enjoy
Latest from the Blog
- WarmingIce, frozen solid Now cracks and shifts in the sun Is this what love is?
- UnfamiliarIf at first you don’t succeed… Try, try again But if each time, you’re made to bleed They were not your friend If unfamiliar feels all wrong, But familiar is a viper Then maybe I will take a “wrong” turn And see what I can find there
- Happily UnhappyWhat is wrong with meWhy do I cling to my chains of unhappiness Even while staring joy in the face Even while I can see a life of fulfillment and wonder ahead, Why do I look back at the times of miseryAnd pull them alongside me like luggage? Am I just being stubborn? Or am… Continue reading Happily Unhappy
- SpringA rustling of leaves, left behind by autumn A crisp, cool wind scatters them slightly Revealing the peeking blades of new growth underneath
- SaltwaterWhy does the sea come in cycles Like my mind returning to thoughts of you The tide rises and falls Like your chest did when I laid with you And I am no better at reading the current Than I was at reading you But while the sea may not care if it kills me… Continue reading Saltwater